#1 afazzoni

afazzoni

Nightlife Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts
  • Nightlife Area NJ/NY Area

Posted 03 January 2006 - 01:46 PM

My New Year's resolution is to quit smoking. Any suggestions on what works best? :makeout:

#2 AnothaJerseyFella

AnothaJerseyFella

InTheScene

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 03 January 2006 - 08:48 PM

My New Year's resolution is to quit smoking. Any suggestions on what works best? <_<

View Post

cold feet believe it or not. the bullshit fiening lasts for a lil while. coup weeks than its over.

or just do it in moderation
Posted Image

the girl on the right is 1384845745 years old ew and her anal beads ew ew she looks like she takes smelly ass shits.

Posted Image <--d&g jacket onnnn cova mahh faceeeeeeeeeee,

#3 diamondegrl

diamondegrl

Been here since the guido days

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12167 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 04:36 PM

my bf smoked for sixteen years. between a pack and a pack and a half a day.

he tried cold turkey before... he would go back to it a month or two later. he did the patch, same.

this past time, he did three phazes of the patch, which weaned him off of the nicotine. it's now been four months, and he has no desire to smoke up again.

#4 afazzoni

afazzoni

Nightlife Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 04:53 PM

I think I am going to try the patch. People have told me the patch really helped them and that they didn't gain weight using it as much as they did going cold turkey. :D

#5 CrZyLiZZy

CrZyLiZZy

NLSociety Faithful

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6059 posts

Posted 06 January 2006 - 10:53 AM

my bf smoked for sixteen years. between a pack and a pack and a half a day.

he tried cold turkey before... he would go back to it a month or two later. he did the patch, same.

this past time, he did three phazes of the patch, which weaned him off of the nicotine. it's now been four months, and he has no desire to smoke up again.

View Post

good for him!
Posted Image

#6 jerseyangelgirl

jerseyangelgirl

Nightlife Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 06 January 2006 - 03:31 PM

i did cold turkey!!! it actually wasnt as a bad as i thought it was going to be believe it or not!!! good luck!

#7 afazzoni

afazzoni

Nightlife Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 06 January 2006 - 04:44 PM

I hope the fact that they are banning smoking in bars and restaurants in NJ like they did in NY will help. I won't be tempted when I go out.

#8 IdOnTcArE

IdOnTcArE

Been here since the guido days

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11198 posts
  • Interests:anything to have a good time

Posted 06 January 2006 - 05:23 PM

try getting sick, it helps for ur first couple days haha day 4 not one cigarette

#9 afazzoni

afazzoni

Nightlife Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 10 January 2006 - 02:30 PM

Day 3 on the patch and so far so good. I am chewing a lot of gum and my pen is a little gnawed but so far so good.

what does everyone think about the smoking ban they passed? :P

#10 afazzoni

afazzoni

Nightlife Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 03:15 PM

Hi all. So far so good. It has been seven days and no cheating. Although I didn't go out this past weekend just because I didn't want to tempt myself. :(

#11 Buff Chick

Buff Chick

Mighty Nightlifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15101 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 09:28 AM

Hi all. So far so good. It has been seven days and no cheating. Although I didn't go out this past weekend just because I didn't want to tempt myself.  :)

View Post

Worse thing you can do is purposely avoid it. I quit on NYE and I've tried to be around it more. Not only that but I haven't used anything as a crutch. I've also quit drinking coffee, and biting my nails. 24 days so far! Good luck!

#12 afazzoni

afazzoni

Nightlife Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 11:34 AM

Hi all. So far so good. It has been seven days and no cheating. Although I didn't go out this past weekend just because I didn't want to tempt myself.  :dj:

View Post

Worse thing you can do is purposely avoid it. I quit on NYE and I've tried to be around it more. Not only that but I haven't used anything as a crutch. I've also quit drinking coffee, and biting my nails. 24 days so far! Good luck!

View Post

Good for you. I was out and about this weekend and people were smoking around and (I was tempted) but I didn't give in. To reward myself I took the money I saved from not smoking the past two weeks and bought myself a new pair of shoes.

Thankfully, I was never a coffee addict. I drink a lot green tea every day but it is decaff.

#13 MrsNJ

MrsNJ

NLSOCIETY Perennial All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2321 posts
  • Interests:Drinking heavily, Traveling, Clothing...

Posted 25 January 2006 - 12:34 PM

I quit cold turkey for a about 4 months but recently I have smokes a cig here or there when I am out. I haven't gone back to smoking regularly though.

#14 lvlelatina4u

lvlelatina4u

NLSOCIETY Perennial All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2090 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 12:38 PM

My friend got hypnotized... it worked for her
Don't worry, be happy. :)

#15 trixxx

trixxx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 02:07 AM

Asianwhiteskin Trading supplies all kind of whitening pills and diet products. The most saleable whitening pills is the Speedwhite with rosehips (both have BFAD LICENSE) Also won as the No. 1 Whitening Pills - and Best whitening pills in NATIONAL PRODUCT QUALITY AWARD AND PHILIPPINE PRODUCT EXCELLENCE AWARD.

Here are the Whitening Pills that Asianwhiteskin carrying

1. Speedwhite and Rosehips
2. PH 338
3. Tathione 307
4. Shiseido Whisis
5. Alfe White Japan
6. G100mg
7. L- Booster
8. Kyusoku Bihaku
And more ?

We also supply in bulk order! Email sales@asianwhiteskin.com

Visit www.asianwhiteskin.com/skin.html
You may purchase it online via www.yumeimise.com
Or www.princessface.com

#16 rooney07

rooney07

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:blogging,writing

Posted 20 January 2011 - 04:55 AM

Forget about quitting "forever." Like attempting the seemingly impossible task of eating an entire elephant, it's the biggest psychological bite imaginable. Instead, work hard at adopting a realistic and do-able victory yardstick that celebrates freedom an hour, challenge and day at a time. If you insist on seeing success only in terms of quitting forever then on which day will you celebrate?

Chemical dependency upon smoking nicotine is one of the most intense, repetitive and dependable relationships you've likely ever known. It has infected almost every aspect of your life and thinking. Be prepared to experience a normal sense of emotional loss when quitting that gradually transports you through six very different phases: (1) denial, (2) anger, (3) bargaining, (4) depression, (5) acceptance, and (6) complacency. This emotional journey is normal and a necessary part of recovery.Don't fear or hide from your triggers but confront and extinguish each of them. You'll find that most are re-conditioned by a single encounter during which the subconscious mind does not receive the expected result - nicotine. Welcome and embrace every episode as each reflects a beautiful moment of subconscious healing, and the reclaiming of another aspect of your life.

#17 jamesrose

jamesrose

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Nightlife Area Boston Area

Posted 01 March 2011 - 10:10 AM

Its main objective is to stop smoking, help smokers quit ambition, to prevent the urge to smoke, do not start smoking again. Once you quit, you can immediately feel the health benefits of your decision within 24 hours, which may cause you never get rid of smoking.

#18 enriqjames

enriqjames

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 05:48 AM

Headache may be due to smoking. But the headache only expected one or two days after the exit. If you experience headaches, even two days after quitting, then you should go see a doctor. Headache can be easily reduced by the aspirin or even quick nap.

#19 SpikeyTrader

SpikeyTrader

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 11:28 AM

my dad did the patch and chewed the gum

#20 jeryjohn12

jeryjohn12

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 12:13 AM

he tried cold turkey before... he would go back to it a month or two later. he did the patch, same. Its main objective is to stop smoking, help smokers quit ambition, to prevent the urge to smoke, do not start smoking again. Once you quit, you can immediately feel the health benefits of your decision within 24 hours, which may cause you never get rid of smoking.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users