#1 kAt

kAt

InTheScene

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 227 posts
  • Nightlife Area NJ/NY Area

Posted 18 February 2003 - 09:42 AM

I know I should be asking this to the women since I am one but I have a feeling I'll get better feedback fromt he men. What kind of foods, other than meat, chicken, and fish, can you suggest for a good protein balanced diet?

I seem to be having a problem breaking things up into 5-6 small meals. Any suggestions would be great. I'd even like a general time table of when I should be trying to eat if you can help with that.

Thanks fellas!
~kAt~

#2 MrBaDaBiNg

MrBaDaBiNg

NLSociety Faithful

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4543 posts

Posted 18 February 2003 - 10:55 AM

For dinner and lunch I eat alot of turkey, chicken, steak, tuna. For snacks I eat bags of peanuts, protein shakes (nitro tech), eat whites, yogurt. You don't need to completely stay away from carbs just don't eat bread every single day. You know. I'll eat tuna right out of the can or if I'll buy a grilled chicken sandwich and throw away the bread. I't just what I do to find best results in my body. lol
Posted Image

Posted Image

#3 kAt

kAt

InTheScene

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 18 February 2003 - 11:01 AM

Let me ask you about the yogurt. I use to eat Low Fat but then I noticed they seem to have more carbs than the ones with more fat. Would I be better off eating the higher fat yogurts as a snack?

And my diet seems to pretty close to the one you have. The only thing different is that I try to have at least two fruits a day. Whether it be an apple, bananna, berries, or pears. I know it's natural sugar but it that okay? The way I look at it is if I'm eating fruits for my snacks, it's better than a chocolate bar or something, right?

Thanks for your help...I'm new at all this and trying to get info from everyone. See what eventually will work best for me. I am watching my food but I'm also working out like a freak. lol

#4 MrBaDaBiNg

MrBaDaBiNg

NLSociety Faithful

• Members
  • 4543 posts

Posted 18 February 2003 - 11:15 AM

Let me ask you about the yogurt. I use to eat Low Fat but then I noticed they seem to have more carbs than the ones with more fat. Would I be better off eating the higher fat yogurts as a snack?

And my diet seems to pretty close to the one you have. The only thing different is that I try to have at least two fruits a day. Whether it be an apple, bananna, berries, or pears. I know it's natural sugar but it that okay? The way I look at it is if I'm eating fruits for my snacks, it's better than a chocolate bar or something, right?

Thanks for your help...I'm new at all this and trying to get info from everyone. See what eventually will work best for me. I am watching my food but I'm also working out like a freak. lol

I always eat fruit too. Usually like a banana and an apple. I'm not completely compulsive with my diet I just try to put things in my mouths that aren't loaded with fat. If I'm goin to grab a snack I'm goin to grab like a banana, yogurt, peanuts, etc. Something that I won't regret eating. As for yogurt it's low in fat and it has some protein in it and I love it that's why I find myself eating alot at work. In the last month I've also started to drink just water at my meals instead of juice. I've noticed great results for my abs from doing this. Basically my diet is try not to put shitty food in my mouth. If I'm starving a like 10pm I'll eat a banana and a yogurt. It's better than having a sandwich and sleeping on that all night. lol. Hope that helps you out.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#5 DirkDiggler

DirkDiggler

NLSociety Faithful

• Members
  • 3157 posts

Posted 20 February 2003 - 07:24 PM

try some banana juice

:cartman:

#6 AJ510

AJ510

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 20 February 2003 - 08:38 PM

try some banana juice

:cartman:

or coconut juice

#7 stukotz

stukotz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 February 2003 - 07:38 PM

How's about you come over for a meat stick and I'll pump you full of protein. :D

#8 Guido Garducci

Guido Garducci

Been here since the guido days

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13981 posts

Posted 21 February 2003 - 07:40 PM

How's about you come over for a meat stick and I'll pump you full of protein. :D

Thats right folks, another gentleman

#9 njnonguido

njnonguido

• Members
  • Pip
  • 143 posts

Posted 21 February 2003 - 09:11 PM

morningstar makes a lot of great animal substitutes that tase real good and are high in protein and low in carbs. any protein supplement is good. try mixing up soy and whey.

#10 kAt

kAt

InTheScene

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 23 February 2003 - 12:28 PM

morningstar makes a lot of great animal substitutes that tase real good and are high in protein and low in carbs. any protein supplement is good. try mixing up soy and whey.

Animal Substitues? Like, it looks like I'm eating chicken or meat but I'm really not? I kind of don't want to do the protein shakes because I'm afraid they won't fill me and I'll start picking.

And about juice, I was told to stay away from them as much as possible. Apparantly, the sugars in them retain the water in the body and make you look bloated. Any truth to that?

#11 TheMoo

TheMoo

The NJGUIDO GOD

• Admin
  • 6027 posts
  • Interests:Music, Business, People

Posted 23 February 2003 - 01:49 PM

BEANS - They are really good for you and a great source of protein. Peanut Butter (only before workouts, the fat in peanut butter will help you burn fat if you work out right after eating it.) If you don't work out after eating it then it could be fattening. Try protein Bars, myoplex lite bars taste like candy. Eat half in between each main meal. That will give you 5-6 meals a day keeping your metabolism up without the hassle of cooking or going out to get something.

#12 kAt

kAt

InTheScene

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 23 February 2003 - 06:48 PM

Thanks hon. These protein bars, can I pick them up at any GNC or do I need to shop online somewhere?

#13 VersaceKid

VersaceKid

Been here since the guido days

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7652 posts

Posted 23 February 2003 - 10:54 PM

i use mega whey protien shakes from GNC
its like 40g ea shake and they dont taste too bad either.
chuck a bananna in there and maybe some p butter and they are nasty

#14 TheMoo

TheMoo

The NJGUIDO GOD

• Admin
  • 6027 posts
  • Interests:Music, Business, People

Posted 24 February 2003 - 09:42 PM

Thanks hon. These protein bars, can I pick them up at any GNC or do I need to shop online somewhere?

GNC has them. Each bar is like 15-20 grams of protein, you don't want to take in as much as men would so that should be enough.

#15 Mystify

Mystify

NLSociety Faithful

• Members
  • 3220 posts

Posted 24 February 2003 - 10:59 PM

Try Zone bars, they are delicious... have around 20 grams of both protein and carbs...I use them as my inbetween meals...

Also, I use Carbs Solutions chocolate shake mix, it tastes really good, and one shake has 20 grams of protein and only like 4 carbs - Great for a late meal!

#16 vixen

vixen

Mighty Nightlifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19051 posts
  • Location:It's not that I'm lazy; it's that I just don't care.

Posted 24 February 2003 - 11:21 PM

Bananas are pretty starchy. Maybe mix up your fruits more. Oranges are excellent, really good for energy. And if you have to have bread, go with whole wheat. I eat lofat yogurt for breakfast every morning, and whole wheat toast with peanut butter. Lunch is usually a salad with grilled chicken (dressing on the side). I have to be careful, because I have low blood sugar. I have to eat a lot of small meals, and limit my carbs. And make sure to drink A LOT of water. Stay away from soda.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#17 VinnyBoomBots

VinnyBoomBots

NLSOCIETY Perennial All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2745 posts
  • Interests:Working out, looking good, partying like a rockstar, & banging chicks with huge fake tits!

Posted 24 February 2003 - 11:24 PM

hey vixen i got some protein for ya! LOL :P

#18 vixen

vixen

Mighty Nightlifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19051 posts
  • Location:It's not that I'm lazy; it's that I just don't care.

Posted 24 February 2003 - 11:26 PM

My favorite kind. And I haven't been getting enough lately, either. How kind of you!!

:love5:
Posted Image

Posted Image

#19 VinnyBoomBots

VinnyBoomBots

NLSOCIETY Perennial All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2745 posts
  • Interests:Working out, looking good, partying like a rockstar, & banging chicks with huge fake tits!

Posted 24 February 2003 - 11:29 PM

My favorite kind. And I haven't been getting enough lately, either. How kind of you!!

:dj:

:love5: :dj: :dj:

#20 kAt

kAt

InTheScene

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 25 February 2003 - 12:10 AM

Bananas are pretty starchy. Maybe mix up your fruits more. Oranges are excellent, really good for energy. And if you have to have bread, go with whole wheat. I eat lofat yogurt for breakfast every morning, and whole wheat toast with peanut butter. Lunch is usually a salad with grilled chicken (dressing on the side). I have to be careful, because I have low blood sugar. I have to eat a lot of small meals, and limit my carbs. And make sure to drink A LOT of water. Stay away from soda.

Actually, I do try and mix my fruits up as much as possible. I eat everything from oranges, tangerines, grapefruits, bannanas and berrys. I usually try to have cottage cheese and tomatos for breakfast and a logurt mid day. I'm trying to avoid the carbs as much as possible and I NEVER drink soda. I can't stand the stuff. It's all about water for me.

Thanks for the info everyone. I'm gonna pick some of those bars tomorrow. I'll talk to the GNC staff and see which is best for me and my lifestyle and go from there!

#21 tdiggity

tdiggity

InTheScene

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 25 February 2003 - 08:14 PM

For a little bit of extra protein in the morning try Louis Rich turkey bacon. It's so good especially if you're in the mood for bacon.

I try to get my carbs from fruits and vegetables and if I do have bread it's whole grain.

I have to agree with Mystify, Zone bars are really good. The chocolate mint are my favorite.

#22 ItalianStud4Life

ItalianStud4Life

NLSociety Faithful

• Members
  • 3578 posts
  • Interests:Clubs, house music, the gym

Posted 04 March 2003 - 12:38 AM

Zone bars are a pretty good choice, for a shake Myoplex is pretty balanced. Along with your regular foods that are high in protein, like chicken, tuna, etc...etc..

#23 SwedishGuido

SwedishGuido

Nightlife Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 16 March 2003 - 02:23 AM

if you want a good tasting high protein MRP, try Lean Body by Labrada. Get the Vanilla one and throw some blueberries or strawberries in there. Good Stuff.

#24 MattyB

MattyB

NLSOCIETY All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1221 posts

Posted 10 April 2003 - 10:50 AM

how bout nitro tech?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users