• Nightlife Area NJ/NY Area

Posted 06 May 2003 - 09:16 PM

Friggen Pervs!!

Sex charges follow raid on West Orange club's teen night

Employees of Club Cherri accused of having sex with underage girls

Tuesday, May 06, 2003

BY ELIZABETH MOORE
Star-Ledger Staff

Local police and Essex County law enforcement officers raided a nightclub in West Orange during its weekly teen night and charged the club's assistant manager and deejay with having sex with underage girls in a back room.

Assistant manager Paulo Bertolo, 22, of Newark, and Matthew Calderone, 24, of Union, the club's deejay and promoter, were arrested Friday night at Club Cherri, part of JT's Complex at 200 Pleasant Valley Way.

Bertolo is in the Essex County Jail in lieu of $100,000 bail on charges of aggravated sexual assault. Calderone, known by the nickname "Matty C," was charged with two counts of aggravated sexual assault and released on bail, said Assistant Essex County Prosecutor Thomas S. Fennelly.

Jerry Turco, a prominent developer in northwest New Jersey who is the owner of Club Cherri and JT's Complex, was not charged with a crime, but his properties were cited for municipal code violations. Turco could not be reached for comment yesterday.

Fennelly said the alleged sexual assaults Friday night involved at least two underage girls who were attending the club. He said officers were interviewing other teenagers who were on the premises to see if there are any additional victims.

"The alleged conduct that occurred here is outrageous and will not be tolerated in this community," said Jack Sayers, West Orange police director and business administrator. "The township is devoting all of its resources to this investigation to ensure the health, welfare and safety of everybody's children is protected."

The raid occurred after a three- week investigation, which began after neighbors complained about noise coming from the nightclub, Sayers said.

After obtaining a search warrant, around 50 officers from the West Orange Police Department, Essex County Sheriff's Office and Essex County Prosecutor's Office raided the club. Fennelly said officers did not find evidence of teenagers using illegal drugs or alcohol on the premises, but that those aspects of the investigation were continuing.

JT's Complex, which includes a health club, restaurant and skate park, was shut last night. The nightclub was closed Friday after the 11 p.m. raid for fire and health code violations, including blocked exits and reports that employees with criminal backgrounds were serving alcoholic beverages.

Sayers said Turco had been cited for 36 additional code violations and numerous fines as of yesterday. He was on the premises having a private birthday party when the raid occurred, officials said.

Turco is a Nutley native whose companies have developed numerous projects in Warren and Sussex counties and also own King's Court, a health and racquet club and catering hall in Lyndhurst.

West Orange officials said they have cited Turco since 1997 for fire code violations that include disabled fire safety systems and inadequate life guards at the swimming pool at the health club.

Authorities said Club Cherri was an over-21 nightclub on Thursday and Saturday nights with a valid liquor license. On Friday nights, the club hosted a party with a deejay starting at 8 p.m. for teenagers 13-18. There were adult bouncers on the premises, Sayers said.

Club Cherri's Web site promoted itself as a racy nightclub for people over 21, with photos of scantily clad women in provocative poses. The site lists the cover charges between $18 and $25.

During Friday night's raid, there were 196 young people attending teen night, 89 of them from Essex County, Sayers said. They were questioned and released to a parent or guardian by 1:30 a.m., and none of them was arrested, Fennelly said.

Michael Jacobson of West Caldwell said his 16-year-old daughter had attended the club several times and did not report any problems there. She wasn't there during the raid.

"We were comfortable with it," he said, adding that he felt it was in a safe neighborhood. "Sometimes one of the mothers would drop them off and another one would pick them up."

He said his daughter said she never saw illegal drugs or alcohol at the teen parties and was not sexually harassed there.

Staff writers Guy Sterling, William Kleinknecht and Barry Carter contributed to this report.

HisRoom - Free Shipping 125 x 125 over $40

#2 Guest_SF KiSsEs SF_*

Guest_SF KiSsEs SF_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 May 2003 - 12:36 AM

Sorry to hear about that matty.

#3 Perns2002

Perns2002

Mighty Nightlifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22553 posts

Posted 07 May 2003 - 08:32 AM

Yeah me too that sucks.......

:huh:
Jealousy is simply and clearly the fear that you do not have value. Jealousy scans for evidence to prove the point - that others will be preferred and rewarded more than you. There is only one alternative - self-value. If you cannot love yourself, you will not believe that you are loved. You will always think it's a mistake or luck. Take your eyes off others and turn the scanner within. Find the seeds of your jealousy, clear the old voices and experiences. Put all the energy into building your personal and emotional security. Then you will be the one others envy, and you can remember the pain and reach out to them. ~

"BE YOURSELF"

"I CLOSE MY EYES IN ORDER TO SEE - !"

"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than the unsuccessful man with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is alomat a proverb. Education will not - the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination are omnipotent."
Calvin Coolidge

"La Bandiera, di tre colori, e sempre stata la piu bella"

#4 hdog

hdog

NLSOCIETY All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1947 posts

Posted 07 May 2003 - 08:35 AM

R. Kelly will be performing there next weekend!

#5 Perns2002

Perns2002

Mighty Nightlifer

• Members
  • 22553 posts

Posted 07 May 2003 - 08:37 AM

From another board.......

Club Cherri Closes....the Real Story From Elite Ent.
WELL, AS SOME OF YOU MAY HAVE HEARD CLUB CHERRI HAS HAD THERE FAIR SHARE OF PROBLEMS THIS PAST WEEK. HERE'S THE FACTS...

THIS PAST FRIDAY (teen night) THERE WAS A DRUG RAID @ CHERRI
W/ DOGS & EVERYTHING, FORTUNATLY, THEY DID NOT FIND AS MUCH AS A JOINT ON ANYONE.....HOWEVER......

UNI-BROW LOW LIFE MC MATTY C AND HIS DEGENERATE FRIEND
WERE BANGIN 2 16 yr OLDS IN THE SKATE PARK AT THE TIME OF THE RAID. AFTER THEY INTERIGATED THE CHICKS, THEY CONFESSED TO HAVING SEX W/ THEM. MATTY'S OUT ON BAIL
AND THE OTHER KID (paul) IS IN JAIL ON SEXUAL ASSAULT CHARGES. THE POLICE CLOSED THE DOORS FOR 120 DAYS
FOR SEVERAL FIRE CODE VIOLATIONS.

SO IN THE INTEREST TO SAVE THE LIQUOR LICENSE, THE
OWNER DECIDED TO ELIMINATE THE NIGHT CLUB, AND TURN IT BACK INTO A BANQUET HALL.....SUCKS FOR US...

SO IN CLOSING, WE AT ELITE WOULD LIKE TO THANK PAUL
AND MATTY C FOR BEING LOW LIFE DEGENERATES.
WE WOULD ALSO LIKE TO THANK THEM FOR COSTING US $10,000 (for radio ads, 20,000 flyers, professional photogrophers to take pics for the flyers, a 40,000 postal mailer ect...)

YOU MAKE IT HARDER FOR THE HONEST GUYS IN THIS BIZ.
I HOPE THE FAMILYS OF THESE UNDER AGE GIRLS HAVE
GREAT LAWERS AND YOU GET JUST WHAT YOU DESERVE

FUCKIN SCUMBAGS.

ON A LIGHTER NOTE, I JUST MET W/ A CLUB OWNER IN THE MORRIS COUNTY AREA W/ AN INDOOR / OUTDOOR VENUE AND I WILL BE GETTING A CONFORMATION ON IT TOMMOROW!!!! IF IT ALL WORKS OUT, YOUR FAVORITE D.J. WILL BE SPINNING AT THE GRAND OPENING!! I'LL KEEP YOU POSTED!!

THANX FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT
JEFF PITEK
ELITE ENTERTRAINMENT

:huh:
Jealousy is simply and clearly the fear that you do not have value. Jealousy scans for evidence to prove the point - that others will be preferred and rewarded more than you. There is only one alternative - self-value. If you cannot love yourself, you will not believe that you are loved. You will always think it's a mistake or luck. Take your eyes off others and turn the scanner within. Find the seeds of your jealousy, clear the old voices and experiences. Put all the energy into building your personal and emotional security. Then you will be the one others envy, and you can remember the pain and reach out to them. ~

"BE YOURSELF"

"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than the unsuccessful man with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is alomat a proverb. Education will not - the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination are omnipotent."
Calvin Coolidge

#6 hdog

hdog

NLSOCIETY All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1947 posts

Posted 07 May 2003 - 08:40 AM

I just took down all there pics from our website!

#7 mellie24

mellie24

I Am Nightlife

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41193 posts

Posted 07 May 2003 - 08:40 AM

that sucks.....matt is a scumbag......he will try to hook up with anything that doesnt have a penis!!!!

1383585_601854039855750_933160602_n.jpg

#8 SpyGirl

SpyGirl

Been here since the guido days

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10406 posts

Posted 07 May 2003 - 08:43 AM

it's sad that it only takes only one person's stupidity to ruin what could be a great thing.... <_<
Posted Image

If it means that much, and you can't walk away, it does really matter....

Don't let the hardships of the past destroy the happiness of the future, because the future is still lays ahead

Posted Image ***When your thoughts have been cleansed and corrected We'll celebrate the day When everything that you were is rejected, that's when I'll have my way......Deny me if you think you can, but I always get my man....And before this night is over, I will corrupt you*** Posted Image

The easiest smile in the world, is sometimes the hardest lie to tell....

Attitude is a state of mind--Whatever you do, do it with style

Because I say it's true, only make it matter between me and you....

Posted Image

#9 Perns2002

Perns2002

Mighty Nightlifer

• Members
  • 22553 posts

Posted 07 May 2003 - 08:45 AM

it's sad that it only takes only one person's stupidity to ruin what could be a great thing.... :huh:

TRUE DAT ............

HI SPY :crazy2:

"BE YOURSELF"

Calvin Coolidge

#10 SpyGirl

SpyGirl

• Members
  • 10406 posts

Posted 07 May 2003 - 08:49 AM

it's sad that it only takes only one person's stupidity to ruin what could be a great thing.... :huh:

TRUE DAT ............

HI SPY :crazy2:

Morning Ms. Perns :allhappy:
Posted Image

Don't let the hardships of the past destroy the happiness of the future, because the future is still lays ahead

Posted Image ***When your thoughts have been cleansed and corrected We'll celebrate the day When everything that you were is rejected, that's when I'll have my way......Deny me if you think you can, but I always get my man....And before this night is over, I will corrupt you*** Posted Image

Posted Image

#11 Mystify

Mystify

NLSociety Faithful

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3220 posts

Posted 07 May 2003 - 08:55 AM

That really sucks, I feel so bad for the promoters, who have just wasted a ton of money for what would be their Thursday party this summer :huh:

#12 NewYorkGirl

NewYorkGirl

NLSociety Faithful

• Members
  • 3546 posts

Posted 07 May 2003 - 08:56 AM

R. Kelly will be performing there next weekend!

hahahahaha

:allhappy:
I'm sooo over guys...

I messed up my signature and now I cant get anything back!!!!!

#13 italiansweetie

italiansweetie

Nightlife Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 07 May 2003 - 09:42 AM

I just dont get it....how can grown ass men have sex with these young girls??? Are we not women enough...please help shed the light on this b/c I am speechless.

As for RKelly he is a very talented man but he has issues as well.

#14 mellie24

mellie24

I Am Nightlife

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41193 posts

Posted 07 May 2003 - 09:45 AM

i think r kelly said he was molested when he was a kid or something..thats why he likes the young cho cha.....makes no sense to me at all either... ;)

1383585_601854039855750_933160602_n.jpg

#15 i love dbol

i love dbol

• Members
  • 13118 posts

Posted 07 May 2003 - 09:54 AM

granted these guys are pervs, but there were code violations out the ass. if the owner of the joint kept the place legit there would be no problems re opening.

same shit happened with Twilo, everyone was blaming guiliani and kids that OD's but point blank, they owner of the club never had a cabaret license.

#16 italiansweetie

italiansweetie

Nightlife Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 07 May 2003 - 09:57 AM

granted these guys are pervs, but there were code violations out the ass. if the owner of the joint kept the place legit there would be no problems re opening.

same shit happened with Twilo, everyone was blaming guiliani and kids that OD's but point blank, they owner of the club never had a cabaret license.

It is true that owner is taking care of what they should be but that still does not justify what goes on in the club. I am sure that the owner had to have some idea that something was going on....he is the owner and I am sure that he is there when they are open.

#17 Guest_SF KiSsEs SF_*

Guest_SF KiSsEs SF_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 May 2003 - 08:19 PM

that sucks.....matt is a scumbag......he will try to hook up with anything that doesnt have a penis!!!!

so true, hes been like that since i was 15 and we arned him but he never listened

#18 MiniDiesel

MiniDiesel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 May 2003 - 11:21 PM

I feel Bad For Joe and Jeff there party is now fucked at Cherri...

#19 PiXieDrEamZ

PiXieDrEamZ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts
  • Interests:Clubz of course!

Posted 07 May 2003 - 11:27 PM

so true, hes been like that since i was 15 and we arned him but he never listened

ummm yeah.... we know that!! he's back in jail for tampering w/ a witness... well thats what it says on club planet

#20 Manny Da Greek

Manny Da Greek

• Members
  • 10780 posts

Posted 08 May 2003 - 12:45 AM

i saw this shit on the news tonight also. I mean c'mon now 13-14yr olds?? cant they get girls there own age, fuckin losers.
I am not the DJ
I feel bad for everyone thats not me...

Hottness!!! -> Posted Image

Your all a bunch of Fucking assholes!!!
you know why??
Cause u dont have the guts to be what u wanna be...
You need people like ME
You need people like ME so u can point your fucking fingers, and say "Thats the bad guy"
So What does that make U??? Good???
Your not good... you just know how to hide...
Me I dont have that problem....
Me I always tell the truth.... even when I lie...
So say goodnight to the bad guy...
Last time your going to see a bad guy like this again, let me tell you...
Now make way for the bad guy....

Jasmine says Nov 3 2004, 10:02 AM
U will always be the king of NJGUIDO girls!

#21 hdog

hdog

NLSOCIETY All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1947 posts

Posted 08 May 2003 - 08:02 AM

May 8, 2003 6:57 am US/Eastern
(1010 WINS) WEST ORANGE, N.J. Officials have received ''numerous'' calls from parents whose children went to a teen nightclub that was raided Friday night after a disc jockey and an assistant manager were charged with having sex with underage girls.

The parents were asked to report any information they had on Club Cherri, which remained closed after the Friday night raid because of fire-code violations, said West Orange Police Director Jack Sayers.

The dance club is part of JT's Complex, a fitness and entertainment facility that includes a skating rink, pool and gym. A fire safety inspection is scheduled for 7 a.m. Thursday, Sayers said.

Authorities said they are continuing to investigate whether underage girls were lured into sex at the Club Cherri before Friday night.

The club's deejay, Matthew Calderone, 22, of Newark, and the assistant manager, Paulo Bertolo, 24, were charged with aggravated sexual assault, according to Thomas Fennelly, an assistant Essex County prosecutor.

Calderone, who is also the club's promoter, was being held on $125,000 bail, with a court appearance scheduled for Friday. He also faces charges of child endangerment and witness tampering in Union County after authorities there said he contacted a 15-year-old girl he had sex with and another witness and told them not to cooperate with investigators. Calderone's lawyer, Thomas Plaia, said his client is innocent.

Bertolo is free on $100,000 bail. His lawyer, Sebastian Bio, also said his client in innocent.

The defendants are not accused of forcing the girls to have sex. ''Not forced, possibly enticed,'' Sayers said. He would not elaborate.

It is illegal for adults to have sex with children under 16 in New Jersey, even if it's consensual.

The owner of JT's Complex, Jerry Turco, did not return calls for comment Wednesday. Turco has not been charged in the underage sex cases.

The fire violations that were found Friday night include locked or obscured fire doors, according to West Orange police.

Sayers said his department and the prosecutor's office launched an undercover investigation of the club several weeks ago after parents complained that drugs were being used there. No drugs were found in the raid, Sayers said.

The club opened in November, with regular teen nights on Fridays, when alcohol was not served, according to the club's Web site.

Officials said there were 196 teenagers from six northern New Jersey counties in the club during the raid, including 11 teenagers from West Orange.

''We believe that there's a possibility there may be many more victims,'' Sayers said.

Several fitness club members who stopped by the complex Wednesday afternoon were dismayed to learn that they could not work out.

''I just paid a full year's membership last week,'' said Doug Vandaman, 48, of nearby Verona. ''I'm calling the credit card company and canceling it.''

Authorities asked parents whose children attended teen nights at Club Cherri to report any information to a special hot line: (973) 325-4029.

#22 Playboy2Party

Playboy2Party

Nightlife Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 08 May 2003 - 08:21 AM

i live in west orange...if you guys only knew what went on in that place before Cherries even existed. That place used to be strickly a teen night club and they changed it around about 2 years ago. Craaaazy $hit used to go on in there before that.

#23 SpyGirl

SpyGirl

• Members
  • 10406 posts

Posted 08 May 2003 - 08:24 AM

i saw this shit on the news tonight also. I mean c'mon now 13-14yr olds?? cant they get girls there own age, fuckin losers.

I saw it too, at least they only mentioned those two....
Posted Image

Posted Image

#24 littletimmy

littletimmy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 May 2003 - 11:03 AM

[SIZE=7]Enough about the shutdown of the club, that's
a shame and all... but the question is... Did anyone get pictures of the two 16 year olds having sex with these guys? I know I'm not alone on this... Holla back!

#25 ELITE NIGHTLIFE

ELITE NIGHTLIFE

NLSociety Faithful

• Members
  • 7262 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 03:37 PM

:(
http://www.myspace.c...ITENIGHTLIFEVIP

A MESSAGE TO THE MOLE

Bottom line U are here mr mole....what is ur obsession with me, I think ur funny but i will find out who u are believe me and when I do, I swear to fucking GOD, I swear to god I am going to beat ur fucking brains out with my fist, U are going to wish u never knew what the interenet was, U are going to wish U were never a fucking loser creep who had no friends that only joy in life was acting like a funny guy as a coward..I swear to god may god strike me dead now, i will find out who U are and when i am 100% sure I will beat ur fucking brains out so bad U will be eating out of a straw ur whole life..U are getting a kick out of this now,,,laugh away, because U are going to wish to urself that U did not take this as far as U did when I get u...very soon my friend, U have no idea what kind of shit I been researching , haaaa
And It is not even anger because what U do, I really laugh at the pics, it is teh fact that U think U could get away with this, the fact that u come on here with all of us and act like our friends, talk about the same shit and then act like lowest forn of life and post everything we say...have ur fun, ohhhhhhhhhh boy u have no clue, have your fun

#26 flajicebag

flajicebag

InTheScene

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 08:58 PM

:P

"old enough 2 pee, old enough for matty c", kid is a fucking tool, heard he got a nice payday 4 this though.

#27 SuperFreak

SuperFreak

InTheScene

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 11:15 PM

got paid?? what ever happened of this

:P

"old enough 2 pee, old enough for matty c", kid is a fucking tool, heard he got a nice payday 4 this though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

MeUndies: The World's Most Comfortable Basics for Both Men and Women. For a fraction of what they normally cost.