• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 BunkaBouncer

BunkaBouncer

NLSOCIETY All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1288 posts
  • Interests:6'8 260lb, I work at Hunka bunka saturday nites. Looking for a nice girl, to get to know etc....Email me at italiantdbear@yahoo.com....
  • Nightlife Area NJ/NY Area

Posted 30 April 2003 - 12:32 PM

Hey guys, need some advice. So you see the doc put me on the atkins diet cause my triglycrides are very high. So the past 3 and half weeks i have had no carbs whatso ever. I have lost 22lbs since doing this. I am 6'8. I was 296lbs 3 week ago, now i 274. Now since i started this diet, I have been hitting the gym 5 x a week. My question is how do i gain mass if i am trying to lose weight ? What would work best for me, since i have heart problems??? :allhappy:
Who gives a Fcuk ?

It's all mind over matter, I dont mind b/c u dont matter!

#2 MrBaDaBiNg

MrBaDaBiNg

NLSociety Faithful

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4543 posts

Posted 30 April 2003 - 12:34 PM

Take in as much protein as possible. Chicken, steak, tuna, protein shakes, etc
Posted Image

Posted Image

#3 BunkaBouncer

BunkaBouncer

NLSOCIETY All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1288 posts
  • Interests:6'8 260lb, I work at Hunka bunka saturday nites. Looking for a nice girl, to get to know etc....Email me at italiantdbear@yahoo.com....

Posted 30 April 2003 - 12:41 PM

That's all I eat Bada.....Lunch i have either steaks or chicken or fish. Dinner i have steak, chicken and fish...

What about a protein shake?? Someone told me Whey Protein.

What about Hydroxycut? :allhappy:
Who gives a Fcuk ?

#4 MrBaDaBiNg

MrBaDaBiNg

NLSociety Faithful

• Members
  • 4543 posts

Posted 30 April 2003 - 12:45 PM

That's all I eat Bada.....Lunch i have either steaks or chicken or fish. Dinner i have steak, chicken and fish...

What about a protein shake?? Someone told me Whey Protein.

What about Hydroxycut? :allhappy:

I've been on Nitro Tech for over a year now and have managed with increase mass as well to keep my cuts and abs. I would recommend this or Myoplex. I would stay away from creatine and Cell Tech. I was on those and felt blooted.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#5 BunkaBouncer

BunkaBouncer

NLSOCIETY All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1288 posts

Posted 30 April 2003 - 12:53 PM

Thanks for the advice. How long before you can start seeing changes in your body from working out? Being tall my muscles are soo much damn longer and i would think it takes me longer ? :allhappy:
Who gives a Fcuk ?

#6 ou812

ou812

Mighty Nightlifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17916 posts

Posted 30 April 2003 - 12:53 PM

Sounds pretty difficult Bunka. It's hard to put on weight in the absence of carbs, especially complex carbs like whole wheat, oatmeal, brown rice , things like that, those are especially helpful when trying to put on quality weight.

Short of taking anabolic, which I think your health condition precludes that you shouldn't. I think your best bet would be to try supplementing with creatine and keeping your calorie intake very high through the use of protein and fats. Try to make it predominently good fats since your lipid levels are high already (fish oils, flax oil, natural PB, extra virgin olive oil). In regards to what Badabing said, I don't you can take Myoplex unless it's the low carb variety since you are on the Atkins diet. Also, Cell-Tech is full of 75 grams of sugar per serving so you should avoid that, but you can get straight creatine powder with 0 carbs in it too.

Remember, the key to gaining weight is to take in more calories than you burn off throughout the day, that's the only way to do it. Also make sure that you have a sound workout program in place.
Posted Image

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
- Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

"There?s an old saying in Tennessee, I know its in Texas probably Tennessee too, that says ?Fool me Once......shame on......shame on you??......Folmuah can?t get fooled again"- G.W. Bush

#7 BunkaBouncer

BunkaBouncer

NLSOCIETY All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1288 posts

Posted 30 April 2003 - 01:05 PM

:allhappy: So can you tell me some products that are pure creatine? where i can get them?? Also is there a workout that works best for people on Atkins but trying to gain mass and what have u ? Is it better to do more sets, of less weight ? or heavy weight less sets??
Who gives a Fcuk ?

#8 MrBaDaBiNg

MrBaDaBiNg

NLSociety Faithful

• Members
  • 4543 posts

Posted 30 April 2003 - 01:16 PM

Thanks for the advice. How long before you can start seeing changes in your body from working out? Being tall my muscles are soo much damn longer and i would think it takes me longer ? :allhappy:

You also have to realize that you have a much larger frame to work with. When you're under 6ft you you tend to be more defined. I'm about 5'10 with a small frame. I weigh about 170. I was also a half miler in college. Therefore my entire life I've always been pretty shredded. My metabolism is also very fast. If I stop going to the gym I'll lose like 10lbs. It's happened in the past. Anyway everyone has a different body. Find workouts and a meal plan that works for you. I run like 20 minutes 3 days a weeks, while lifting 5 days. I do chest, tri's and bi's twice a week. Everybody says thats bad. I feel I have seen very good results that way. My diet is healthy but not crazy. I tend to eat alot of turkey, tuna, chicken, steaks, fruits, yogurts, etc. Do what you feel has given you the best results. You will only find this out through trial and error. I've been lifted for about 6 years now. I've never taken a steroid and the most days I've ever missed in 6 years of going to the gym has been like 4 or 5. Good luck. Don't get caught up with all the nonsense about eating right and supplement. It is important but remember you still have to bust your ass at the gym. Consistency is key!
Posted Image

Posted Image

#9 BunkaBouncer

BunkaBouncer

NLSOCIETY All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1288 posts

Posted 30 April 2003 - 01:19 PM

Dude you live anywhere near Brick nj LOL....I could use someone to put me in the right program ...Damn so much to learn.... :allhappy:
Who gives a Fcuk ?

#10 MrBaDaBiNg

MrBaDaBiNg

NLSociety Faithful

• Members
  • 4543 posts

Posted 30 April 2003 - 01:32 PM

Dude you live anywhere near Brick nj LOL....I could use someone to put me in the right program ...Damn so much to learn.... :allhappy:

There's so many differnt theories and thoughts on health fitness. My opinion most of it is bs. I read it's bad to do abs more than 3 days a week. I do them 5 days. How bad can it be. I still have a six pack. lol Seems like all my buddies that lift are obsessed with their weight. I'll go months and months without weighing myself. I don't care how much I weigh! I look at myself and determine what really needs work and begin from there. Just because you weigh a certain weight doesn't mean you will look good. Just my insight. :diesel:
Posted Image

Posted Image

#11 ou812

ou812

Mighty Nightlifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17916 posts

Posted 30 April 2003 - 02:21 PM

:allhappy: So can you tell me some products that are pure creatine? where i can get them?? Also is there a workout that works best for people on Atkins but trying to gain mass and what have u ? Is it better to do more sets, of less weight ? or heavy weight less sets??

Here, check out this link: http://www.dpsnutrit...=1090&last=1090

I get all my supplements from there, they are in PA, good prices. That's Prolab creatine, it's made by SKW Labs, highest purity.

ANyway, the problem you face is that the Atkins Diet is not conducive to gaining mass. Even bodybuilders tend to only use low carb diets when they are trying to get shredded for a show, because it's very difficult to gain mass while at the same time cutting fat with no carbs.

As far as workouts go, heavy compund lifts at moderate (6-10) reps is the way to go to build size. Bear in mind though that this is going to put alot of stress on your muscles, and considering the fact that they have no carbs to feed off of, you will definately have to jack up you protein intake. At your body weight, we're talking something in the neighborhood of 350+ grams of protein a day, AT LEAST, especially since you are on an Atkin's Diet. There is no way in hell you are going to be able to shovel that much protein down with solid food on a daily basis, so I recommend you get a large supply of quality protein powder. This is what I like, it's a 10 lb. bag so it should last you a while:
http://www.dpsnutrit...=1083&last=1083

If you need any other advice, PM and I'll do my best to help you out, info-wise.
Posted Image

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
- Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

"There?s an old saying in Tennessee, I know its in Texas probably Tennessee too, that says ?Fool me Once......shame on......shame on you??......Folmuah can?t get fooled again"- G.W. Bush

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users