11 replies to this topic

#1 theguyfrompa

theguyfrompa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts
  • Nightlife Area NJ/NY Area

Posted 26 May 2004 - 09:44 AM

i'm on this new lifting meal plan, 300 g of protein and 225-240 g of carbs, and goign to the gym 6 days a week, and i want to know what's the best protein bar to get, right now i'm eatingthese powerbar protein plus with 2g of impact carbs, are these good? or are there different ones that are better?

#2 MrBaDaBiNg

MrBaDaBiNg

NLSociety Faithful

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4543 posts

Posted 26 May 2004 - 09:48 AM

I like detour. Taste good too.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#3 i love dbol

i love dbol

Been here since the guido days

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13118 posts

Posted 26 May 2004 - 10:53 AM

you are in the gym too many days. u need rest more than anything.

#4 theguyfrompa

theguyfrompa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 26 May 2004 - 11:09 AM

no offense, but the guy who gave me this work out, is a body builder and personal trainer

#5 NJProduct

NJProduct

Nightlife Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 865 posts

Posted 26 May 2004 - 01:28 PM

Detour bars are probably the best available now...Don't worry, I lift 6 days a week too with an occasional Sunday as cardio...Just make sure your getting plenty of rest...Sounds like ur really trying to bulk with 300 grams of protein...

#6 ou812

ou812

Mighty Nightlifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17916 posts

Posted 26 May 2004 - 01:46 PM

no offense, but the guy who gave me this work out, is a body builder and personal trainer

Is he also on a ton more steroids than you are? The average or even above average weightlifter should not use the workout regimen of a skilled BB'er.

Typically they:

A) are on alot more juice than you which allows them to recover much faster.

and

:) genetically speaking their bodies can handle the load better than yours would.

Edited by ou812, 26 May 2004 - 01:48 PM.

Posted Image

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
- Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

"There?s an old saying in Tennessee, I know its in Texas probably Tennessee too, that says ?Fool me Once......shame on......shame on you??......Folmuah can?t get fooled again"- G.W. Bush

#7 Hobokendelts

Hobokendelts

InTheScene

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 26 May 2004 - 10:08 PM

I like Premier Protein Eight Bars. They are not as tasty as Detour/OneWay/U-turn/etc. but they pack a high protein count and your not paying for a slick marketing camaign. I also consider it a true "protein bar" as opposed to most other bars that are intended as "meal replacements".

Find a good shake, your body can matabolize the protein from a shake a lot faster.

#8 ct italian 1

ct italian 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 01:09 PM

Detour Oatmeal, Met-RX Big 100, Met-RX Protein Plus, anything by Labrada...I love protein bars in the offseason.

#9 delldoown

delldoown

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 07:30 AM

Different types of bars all contain varying degrees of protein, carbohydrates, fat and sugar, according to its intended target. Energy bars are generally designed to give energy endurance athletes such as marathon runners and cyclists. Therefore, their main ingredient is carbohydrates, providing the necessary fuel to make it through the competition. While nutrition bars can be healthy choices once in a while, you should always read the label carefully.

#10 jamesrose

jamesrose

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Nightlife Area Boston Area

Posted 01 March 2011 - 10:12 AM

Protein diet bars are well developed, all wrapped in a quick and easy bar. It is easy to put them and your work or school, or in any place, you need to get your protein or satisfy your hunger in a healthy way.

#11 enriqjames

enriqjames

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 05:51 AM

Different products have different functions and ultimate goal. Whether your goal is to increase muscle development or weight loss, there are specific for you. If your goal is weight loss, then you need a bar, has a good amount of protein.

#12 Uncle Vito

Uncle Vito

I Am Nightlife

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32069 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:53 AM

No-bake protein oat bars

Ingredients:

2 cups dry oatmeal
4 scoops whey protein powder (vanilla or chocolate works best)
½ cup natural peanut butter
1/3 cup of water or milk

Directions:

Mix all ingredients together in a bowl, and then press into a 9-by-9 inch pan lined with wax paper. Freeze for 40 minutes and cut into bars.

Since these bars have a good amount of healthy fat, they are best used when you’re not preparing to exercise or recovering from your session, when fat should be avoided.

I tried making my protein bars once. Came out tasting like pure asshole. If you're really serious about lifting and shit, I wouldn't even go for protein bars unless you have a crazy sugar craving.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users