#1 italia819

italia819

NLSociety Faithful

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5300 posts
  • Nightlife Area NJ/NY Area

Posted 08 April 2003 - 08:58 AM

i need motivation to start goin to the gym....what does everyone else do to get/stay in shape? my best bet is prob. to have a partner to go the the gym w/but my friends r lazy...i'm skinny but i need to take care of my stomach...HELP

#2 tdiggity

tdiggity

InTheScene

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 08 April 2003 - 09:32 AM

I get instant motivation as soon as I start trying on bathing suits..lol. The other week when it was so nice got me nervous b/c I have been seriously slacking.

I do elliptical 4 - 5 days per week for 30 mins, pilates 5 days per week and weights 3 days per week for 30 mins. Also had to cut down on starchy carbs and stick with salads. I do cheat on the weekends though... :yo:

#3 MattyB

MattyB

NLSOCIETY All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1221 posts

Posted 08 April 2003 - 01:47 PM

i need motivation to start goin to the gym....what does everyone else do to get/stay in shape? my best bet is prob. to have a partner to go the the gym w/but my friends r lazy...i'm skinny but i need to take care of my stomach...HELP

theres this gym this girl i used to see went to i forgot the name but it was in brick...anyway it had pictures of beautiful women in perfect shape...pictures of tight dresses and bathing suits and a huge banner on the other side that said..if you want to be on our wall DONT STOP...so thas a great idea cuzz trust me, some of us guys wont admit it but we tend to slack off juss as bad, but if u really want it u wont, good luck babes! :D

#4 Mystify

Mystify

NLSociety Faithful

• Members
  • 3220 posts

Posted 09 April 2003 - 12:24 AM

Well, here's what works for me....All I know is that when i work out, I feel amazing - i have so much energy and I'm so much happier each day...I try to remember how great I feel in order to motivate me. I also think that though eating something fattening or unhealthy might feel good for a couple minutes at most, the feeling of looking/feeling good about your body lasts sooo much longer and is much more powerful....

I also keep a daily journal of what I eat and record my work out sessions...When you write down what you eat, you will be MUCH more conscious of exacly how much is going in your mouth....

And by having a workout journal, you'll be able to track your progress for motivation!

Finally, lol when I'm in need of some motivation, I look at pics of my girl, Britney, her body is hot and gets my ass in GEAR!!!!

Hope this helps :partycrew:

#5 tdiggity

tdiggity

InTheScene

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 09 April 2003 - 11:10 AM

I also keep a daily journal of what I eat and record my work out sessions...When you write down what you eat, you will be MUCH more conscious of exacly how much is going in your mouth....

And by having a workout journal, you'll be able to track your progress for motivation!

Definitely keep a journal if you can. I have a notebook I write everything I eat and my exercise for the day. This helps me too because I forget how much weight I used last chest workout, etc so I can always look back.

#6 mellie24

mellie24

I Am Nightlife

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41199 posts

Posted 09 April 2003 - 11:16 AM

is xendrine better than a stacker 3?? should i switch???

1383585_601854039855750_933160602_n.jpg

#7 NJQT

NJQT

NLSOCIETY Perennial All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2907 posts

Posted 09 April 2003 - 11:23 AM

GIRLS I NEED HELP!! I WAS ON A ROLL AND THE LAST WEEK MY WORKOUTS JUST DROPPED. A MONTH LEFT AND I NEED TO LOSE AT LEAST 10.....WOULD PREFER 15. I'M SOOO DISAPPOINTED IN MYSELF.
Sex without love is an empty experience, but, as empty experiences go, it's one of the best.

Is it me? Is it like I have a beacon that only dogs and men with severe emotional problems can hear?

Men always want to be a woman's first love - women like to be a man's last romance.

#8 tdiggity

tdiggity

InTheScene

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 09 April 2003 - 11:43 AM

GIRLS I NEED HELP!! I WAS ON A ROLL AND THE LAST WEEK MY WORKOUTS JUST DROPPED. A MONTH LEFT AND I NEED TO LOSE AT LEAST 10.....WOULD PREFER 15. I'M SOOO DISAPPOINTED IN MYSELF.

everyone is different but this always works for me...

cut out starchy carbs (rice, potatos, bread) in the evening or just limit them to the morning and do 30 mins of cardio 3 - 5 days a week and lift a few days a week.

I only drink 1 day per week.....I pick a night Friday or Saturday and stick to that.

I eat alot of salads. Anytime I eat out, I order a salad or lean protein with vegtables. Drink lots of water and cut out any soda.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

#9 Mystify

Mystify

NLSociety Faithful

• Members
  • 3220 posts

Posted 09 April 2003 - 07:19 PM

Honestly don't get down on yourself, we all lose track once in a while - it's completely normal... just make the commitment to yourself to get back into it - even if you have to start a little at a time....Remember how crappy you feel right now and try to visualize how amazing you felt when you were working out a lot....

What's your diet like?

#10 Mystify

Mystify

NLSociety Faithful

• Members
  • 3220 posts

Posted 09 April 2003 - 07:20 PM

is xendrine better than a stacker 3?? should i switch???

I think they're all the same, no one works any better than the other, it's just the potency that is slightly different.....

Which are you taking now?

#11 NJQT

NJQT

NLSOCIETY Perennial All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2907 posts

Posted 10 April 2003 - 09:12 AM

GIRLS I NEED HELP!!  I WAS ON A ROLL AND THE LAST WEEK MY WORKOUTS JUST DROPPED.  A MONTH LEFT AND I NEED TO LOSE AT LEAST 10.....WOULD PREFER 15.  I'M SOOO DISAPPOINTED IN MYSELF.

Honestly don't get down on yourself, we all lose track once in a while - it's completely normal... just make the commitment to yourself to get back into it - even if you have to start a little at a time....Remember how crappy you feel right now and try to visualize how amazing you felt when you were working out a lot....

What's your diet like?

My diet is pretty good........not too strict but I watch what I eat

On the weekdays it's pretty boring:
Breakfast- Oatmeal or Cereal (Special K), Banana
Lunch- Salad with Chicken, drizzled w/ Olive Oil, Apple
Dinner- This usually consists of what my Mom makes for dinner.....if I cook mainly grilled chicken with veggies or egg whites

Weekends
egg whites for breakfast......turkey sandwiches or salads for lunch and dinners are usually out

Not that bad......also taking Trim Spa and CLA.......

Just need to get a regular workout routine goin
Sex without love is an empty experience, but, as empty experiences go, it's one of the best.

Is it me? Is it like I have a beacon that only dogs and men with severe emotional problems can hear?

Men always want to be a woman's first love - women like to be a man's last romance.

#12 mellie24

mellie24

I Am Nightlife

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41199 posts

Posted 10 April 2003 - 09:15 AM

okay...is xenadrine better than a stacker 3??

1383585_601854039855750_933160602_n.jpg

#13 SwedishGuido

SwedishGuido

Nightlife Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 10 April 2003 - 09:22 AM

I'd say Xenadrine... I dont take any pills you can buy in a gas station...
and the company that makes Xenadrine (Cytodyne Tech.) is known to have some quality products

#14 tdiggity

tdiggity

InTheScene

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 10 April 2003 - 11:11 AM

I'd say Xenadrine... I dont take any pills you can buy in a gas station...
and the company that makes Xenadrine (Cytodyne Tech.) is known to have some quality products

i would say xenedrine too just based on the fact that i have taken both stacker 2 and xenedrine and liked xenedrine. this is tough though b/c everyone is so varied with what works for them. i always liked hydroxycut but some people say it does nothing for them.

#15 NYPARTYGIRL

NYPARTYGIRL

Been here since the guido days

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10442 posts

Posted 10 April 2003 - 08:30 PM

I dont take any pills...they really work for you ladies?

#16 tdiggity

tdiggity

InTheScene

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 11 April 2003 - 07:58 AM

i haven't taken them in the last year. i do alot of running and they definitely don't help in that area.

#17 Mystify

Mystify

NLSociety Faithful

• Members
  • 3220 posts

Posted 11 April 2003 - 01:57 PM

Honestly, all they do is give you more energy, they do not just make the pounds and fat magically melt away.....if you take them, and use your extra energy to work out more, it'll help.....

#18 NewYorkGirl

NewYorkGirl

NLSociety Faithful

• Members
  • 3546 posts

Posted 04 May 2003 - 11:10 PM

Honestly, all they do is give you more energy, they do not just make the pounds and fat magically melt away.....if you take them, and use your extra energy to work out more, it'll help.....

they just make me plain CRAZY....my hands shake, my head is a mess and I cant sleep...if i do I have nightmares....there supposed to be bad for you anyway. Try xenadrine with no euphedra..at least there safe and I heard they still work!!!
I'm sooo over guys...

I messed up my signature and now I cant get anything back!!!!!

#19 NYPARTYGIRL

NYPARTYGIRL

Been here since the guido days

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10442 posts

Posted 05 May 2003 - 12:29 PM

Thanks for the tips ladies!!

#20 dirty guido

dirty guido

NLSociety Faithful