#36 KIRK LOPEZ

KIRK LOPEZ

Nightlife Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts
  • Nightlife Area NJ/NY Area

Posted 09 September 2009 - 10:03 AM

Jeff, lol, sorry to add oil to the fire! But my point is valid! I worked for Vinnie for many years maintaining the lighting system at tempts and I know him very well. He is a very sharp businessman! You cannot be mad at the guy for trying to counter your party. If u were in his shoes u would let something like that happen across the street from your current nightclub. And no doubt Denny made that room at that point in time and the place created a lot of great memories for u guys. No doubt the music of that time was untouchable, anthem after anthem. The point is this, for Vinnie, Hemingways is a hugh success and he will try not lose 1 nickel to anybody attempting to throw a party under a name which he legally owns. Why is he gonna let u guys throw a party in Hemingways on a holiday weekend when the place is mobbed already. By him shooting down all your ideas last year about moving the booth, improving sound ect ect is his way to attempt to deter u from doing the party. The tempts crowd and hemingways crowd are are quite different. He probably didn't want to mix the two. I'm supprised he even let u guys do it last year.
I'm glad u guys had a packed house and recaptured the memories. That's what it's all about!
Jeff, my opinion is my opinion which is never influenced by anyone else! There was no little bird in my ear! I'm almost insulted that u would suggest that!
Hype, what's up with the Lodi/Temps comment. Eugene was the original owner of Tempts, he is the one who named it Temptations so get your comments straight.
What up badass.

#37 hype

hype

I Am Nightlife

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33773 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 10:19 AM

Hype, what's up with the Lodi/Temps comment. Eugene was the original owner of Tempts, he is the one who named it Temptations so get your comments straight.

i know that, hence why i said except Lodi

having at tempts party anywhere(non-shore venues) except lodi wouldn't be right

random guido fact: hype speaks the truth

this board is like a sick twisted internet soap opera...

i have nothing to do today beside fuck off and throw spanish food at tini.

O man, I wish one day I see some of you guys out somewhere. You better hope I dont, and somebody dont point out who you guys are. Cause trust me, if you had any idea of what I looked like, or who I chill with, none of you would be sayin shit. Please god, please, grant me this wish, I think some of these fuckers need it. Then they cant hide behind there computer screens anymore, and we will see how tuff they really are.

You know what..I want no fucking part of this shit anymore...I have made the friends that I want and obviously the enemies as well...I bet you anything that if anyone else had made a statement else they would be taken somewhat seriously...This board has brought nothing but problems and ridiculous problems for me..I dont want it anymore..

it's real shame that people in the tri-state area go overboard for lame djs such as jp and are willing to pay enormous covers for the same second rate djs that you see every single weekend at the same places you always go to.

eventually classics parties will be worthless, cause the 21, 22 yr old people that are at these parties, were like 13, 14 when some of these bangers were the shit,

I know everything,

im just saying club life ruins perfectly good chics.

Went to Deko in hopes of getting some hair tips from WASP. Got home with tips on how to properly dispose of an 8 ball from Brian.

n14201379326788606002qq2.jpg

#38 Moo'sDOG

Moo'sDOG

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 10:22 AM

lets all fight about a club that closed 5 years ago

WHO
GIVES
A
SHIT

#39 StaTom Island

StaTom Island

InTheScene

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 10:25 AM

At least we can all agree that the day Southern House BBQ in PPB burnt to the ground was a great day for the people of PPB

#40 hype

hype

I Am Nightlife

• 33773 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 10:27 AM

At least we can all agree that the day Southern House BBQ in PPB burnt to the ground was a great day for the people of PPB

myself and WJ strongly disagree

O man, I wish one day I see some of you guys out somewhere. You better hope I dont, and somebody dont point out who you guys are. Cause trust me, if you had any idea of what I looked like, or who I chill with, none of you would be sayin shit. Please god, please, grant me this wish, I think some of these fuckers need it. Then they cant hide behind there computer screens anymore, and we will see how tuff they really are.

You know what..I want no fucking part of this shit anymore...I have made the friends that I want and obviously the enemies as well...I bet you anything that if anyone else had made a statement else they would be taken somewhat seriously...This board has brought nothing but problems and ridiculous problems for me..I dont want it anymore..

it's real shame that people in the tri-state area go overboard for lame djs such as jp and are willing to pay enormous covers for the same second rate djs that you see every single weekend at the same places you always go to.

eventually classics parties will be worthless, cause the 21, 22 yr old people that are at these parties, were like 13, 14 when some of these bangers were the shit,

I know everything,

Went to Deko in hopes of getting some hair tips from WASP. Got home with tips on how to properly dispose of an 8 ball from Brian.

#41 Moo'sDOG

Moo'sDOG

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 10:27 AM

My owner hates black people

#42 Whos Johnny

Whos Johnny

Mighty Nightlifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28577 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 10:28 AM

Miss the Southern House!!!!

post-4795-0-22251800-1392387922.jpg

#43 igotabs2

igotabs2

InTheScene

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 10:31 AM

#44 Moo'sDOG

Moo'sDOG

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 10:31 AM

my owner still dances around in the living room in his white pants, no shirt, listening to DENNY's 02 set from tempts, he needs help

And I wish someone will tell him he is not italian

Edited by Moo'sDOG, 09 September 2009 - 10:32 AM.

#45 StaTom Island

StaTom Island

InTheScene

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 10:39 AM

Miss the Southern House!!!!

here guys, for old times sake
the ribs there probablt tasted better after they were charred in the fire

Posted Image

#46 hype

hype

I Am Nightlife

• 33773 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 10:42 AM

great fries at SH

I know everything,

#47 Whos Johnny

Whos Johnny

Mighty Nightlifer

• Members
  • 28577 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 10:43 AM

there is actually another place that is open that i believe one of the chefs from Southern House works at.....the food and taste is IDENTICAL to Southern House....i forgot the name of the place...but its reallllly good there.

#48 TheMoo

TheMoo

The NJGUIDO GOD

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6030 posts
  • Interests:Music, Business, People

Posted 09 September 2009 - 10:53 AM

my owner still dances around in the living room in his white pants, no shirt, listening to DENNY's 02 set from tempts, he needs help

I'm not going to lie, you are much better as my dog. I fuckin crack up everytime you bark about me.

med_gallery_2_976_1791754.jpeg

#49 Moo'sDOG

Moo'sDOG

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 10:56 AM

I'm not going to lie, you are much better as my dog. I fuckin crack up everytime you bark about me.

haaaaaaaaaa

and

woof

I am dying when you talk to me like your actual dog, i can picture you sitting in your living room, talking in baby talk to your dog while blowing guido kissy faces at her

am i close?

Edited by Moo'sDOG, 09 September 2009 - 10:57 AM.

#50 TheMoo

TheMoo

The NJGUIDO GOD

• Admin
  • 6030 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 11:03 AM

I am actually pretty surprised at this whole thread.
Summary....
Elite promoted Karma and it was a success.
Hemmingways at the last minute...at least from what I am hearing, put Tempts party on their sign outside (Regarding ACE whats the difference who DJ'd). If they called me and asked me to DJ, I probably would of too.
Hemmingways is actually the old tempts.
Karma is the place that had the real Tempts crowd, and DJ.

The way I see it.
They both had the right to have a Tempts party
They both were successful.
Everyone made money.
Vinnie probably made the most money.
Good for everyone.
Without Vinnie, there would be no Tempts party.
I would not of called Vinnie out on this site like this man. After all the guy to some extent pays everyone.

I don't know. If you ask me, I am pretty sure someone will be asking me to move or delete this thread.

#51 TheMoo

TheMoo

The NJGUIDO GOD

• Admin
  • 6030 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 11:03 AM

haaaaaaaaaa

and

woof

I am dying when you talk to me like your actual dog, i can picture you sitting in your living room, talking in baby talk to your dog while blowing guido kissy faces at her

am i close?

You must see from my dogs eyes dude. Thats exact.

#52 Moo'sDOG

Moo'sDOG

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 11:05 AM

haaaaaaaaaa

and

woof

am i close?

You must see from my dogs eyes dude. Thats exact.

lol

thats fucking great

excuse me while i go piss on your lawn now

woof woof

#53 KIRK LOPEZ

KIRK LOPEZ

Nightlife Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 11:26 AM

southern house was great......let me know where the chef moved to......

#54 ELITE NIGHTLIFE

ELITE NIGHTLIFE

NLSociety Faithful

• Members
  • 7262 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 11:26 AM

I SAID WHAT I WANTED TO........IM OVER IT ALREADY......DONT DELETE SHIT MOO SHOW SOME BALLS FOR ONCE
http://www.myspace.c...ITENIGHTLIFEVIP

A MESSAGE TO THE MOLE

Bottom line U are here mr mole....what is ur obsession with me, I think ur funny but i will find out who u are believe me and when I do, I swear to fucking GOD, I swear to god I am going to beat ur fucking brains out with my fist, U are going to wish u never knew what the interenet was, U are going to wish U were never a fucking loser creep who had no friends that only joy in life was acting like a funny guy as a coward..I swear to god may god strike me dead now, i will find out who U are and when i am 100% sure I will beat ur fucking brains out so bad U will be eating out of a straw ur whole life..U are getting a kick out of this now,,,laugh away, because U are going to wish to urself that U did not take this as far as U did when I get u...very soon my friend, U have no idea what kind of shit I been researching , haaaa
And It is not even anger because what U do, I really laugh at the pics, it is teh fact that U think U could get away with this, the fact that u come on here with all of us and act like our friends, talk about the same shit and then act like lowest forn of life and post everything we say...have ur fun, ohhhhhhhhhh boy u have no clue, have your fun

#55 TheMoo

TheMoo

The NJGUIDO GOD

• Admin
  • 6030 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 11:31 AM

I SAID WHAT I WANTED TO........IM OVER IT ALREADY......DONT DELETE SHIT MOO SHOW SOME BALLS FOR ONCE

I'm not deleting anything. If anything, I figured you might be the one that wanted me to delete it.
After all.. The only person that this can adversely affect in the future is you bro.
Just looking out thats all..

#56 StaTom Island

StaTom Island

InTheScene

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 11:43 AM

NjBigDog > Moos Dog

#57 NJBigDog

NJBigDog

InTheScene

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 11:47 AM

How did Karma acquire the Tempts murals? I know they've been there for a while, just curious to know how/when they were able to get them.

Also, you guys were much better off having it at Karma. What would have been the point of having it in Hemmingways when it in no way resembles the original room?

And to Kirk's comments about "owning the name" thats just ridiculous. Its not just a name, its a brand of a party. And when the current establishment (no DJ, different crowd, different set up, different system, not even a club more like a bar with a dance floor) in no way resembles that brand, then they just tarnished that brand name by trying to throw that party at Hemmingways. The building a party is in means very little, its being able to create that vibe with the DJ, music, people, and atmosphere that was the Tempts brand. The party may not have been exactly like people remember it, but thats because so much has changed, but it was pretty close.

Lastly, the party at Hemmingways last LDW sucked. At the bar closest to the entrance you couldn't even hear the baseline. Isn't it all supposed to be about the music?

#58 ELITE NIGHTLIFE

ELITE NIGHTLIFE

NLSociety Faithful

• Members
  • 7262 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 11:49 AM

And to Kirk's comments about "owning the name" thats just ridiculous. Its not just a name, its a brand of a party. And when the current establishment (no DJ, different crowd, different set up, different system, not even a club more like a bar with a dance floor) in no way resembles that brand, then they just tarnished that brand name by trying to throw that party at Hemmingways. The building a party is in means very little, its being able to create that vibe with the DJ, music, people, and atmosphere that was the Tempts brand. The party may not have been exactly like people remember it, but thats because so much has changed, but it was pretty close.

Lastly, the party at Hemmingways last LDW sucked. At the bar closest to the entrance you couldn't even hear the baseline. Isn't it all supposed to be about the music?

VERY WELL SAID

A MESSAGE TO THE MOLE

Bottom line U are here mr mole....what is ur obsession with me, I think ur funny but i will find out who u are believe me and when I do, I swear to fucking GOD, I swear to god I am going to beat ur fucking brains out with my fist, U are going to wish u never knew what the interenet was, U are going to wish U were never a fucking loser creep who had no friends that only joy in life was acting like a funny guy as a coward..I swear to god may god strike me dead now, i will find out who U are and when i am 100% sure I will beat ur fucking brains out so bad U will be eating out of a straw ur whole life..U are getting a kick out of this now,,,laugh away, because U are going to wish to urself that U did not take this as far as U did when I get u...very soon my friend, U have no idea what kind of shit I been researching , haaaa
And It is not even anger because what U do, I really laugh at the pics, it is teh fact that U think U could get away with this, the fact that u come on here with all of us and act like our friends, talk about the same shit and then act like lowest forn of life and post everything we say...have ur fun, ohhhhhhhhhh boy u have no clue, have your fun

#59 hype

hype

I Am Nightlife

• 33773 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 11:51 AM

How did Karma acquire the Tempts murals? I know they've been there for a while, just curious to know how/when they were able to get them.

i can not dispute any of this

I know everything,

#60 StaTom Island

StaTom Island

InTheScene

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 12:11 PM

VERY WELL SAID

i can not dispute any of this

glad you came around to your senses

#61 Whos Johnny

Whos Johnny

Mighty Nightlifer

• Members
  • 28577 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 12:28 PM

southern house was great......let me know where the chef moved to......

The Hickory Hog
http://thehickoryhog.com/

Edited by Whos Johnny, 09 September 2009 - 12:36 PM.

#62 Moo'sDOG

Moo'sDOG

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 12:56 PM

I bought the TEMPTS name from some bum giving blowjobs on the blvd for $5

Now your all fucked

woof

#63 ELITE NIGHTLIFE

ELITE NIGHTLIFE

NLSociety Faithful

• Members
  • 7262 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 01:08 PM

Jeff, lol, sorry to add oil to the fire! But my point is valid! I worked for Vinnie for many years maintaining the lighting system at tempts and I know him very well. He is a very sharp businessman! You cannot be mad at the guy for trying to counter your party. If u were in his shoes u would let something like that happen across the street from your current nightclub. And no doubt Denny made that room at that point in time and the place created a lot of great memories for u guys. No doubt the music of that time was untouchable, anthem after anthem. The point is this, for Vinnie, Hemingways is a hugh success and he will try not lose 1 nickel to anybody attempting to throw a party under a name which he legally owns. Why is he gonna let u guys throw a party in Hemingways on a holiday weekend when the place is mobbed already. By him shooting down all your ideas last year about moving the booth, improving sound ect ect is his way to attempt to deter u from doing the party. The tempts crowd and hemingways crowd are are quite different. He probably didn't want to mix the two. I'm supprised he even let u guys do it last year.
I'm glad u guys had a packed house and recaptured the memories. That's what it's all about!
Jeff, my opinion is my opinion which is never influenced by anyone else! There was no little bird in my ear! I'm almost insulted that u would suggest that!
What up badass.

IM INSULTED THAT YOU DRIVE 400k MILE TRUCK AND HAVENT BOUGHT ANYTHING NEW FROM ME YET

WOOF

IM OVER IT....LETS MOVE ON

A MESSAGE TO THE MOLE

#64 ELITE NIGHTLIFE

ELITE NIGHTLIFE

NLSociety Faithful

• Members
  • 7262 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 01:15 PM

LETS TALK ABOUT THE 2 BRAND NEW ROOMS WE HAVE OPENING UP SEPT 18th & 19th

ANY QUESTIONS????

A MESSAGE TO THE MOLE

#65 DJPRIME

DJPRIME

NLSOCIETY Perennial All Star

• Promoters/Advertisers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2999 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 01:31 PM

only in new jersey can you hear 40+ classics parties in one year...

#66 igotabs2

igotabs2

InTheScene

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 01:44 PM

I heard this Fall/winter will be the last run for Elite...He wants to go out on Top

Lets all support the Big Guy with his last lap around Jersey

God, Please Bless Elite's Final Chapter !!!!!!!!!!!!!

#67 skippyd

skippyd

Nightlife Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 02:05 PM

I heard this Fall/winter will be the last run for Elite...He wants to go out on Top

Lets all support the Big Guy with his last lap around Jersey

God, Please Bless Elite's Final Chapter !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fall of 2010 Elite will be campaigning for social chair/event planner of Del Boca Vista
ALL HAIL TO THE DOCTORS.....THE DOCTORS OF FUNK........THEY HITTIN' YOU WITH THE MINIMAL SUBLIMINAL FUNK

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#68 freddlove

freddlove

NLSOCIETY All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1264 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 02:11 PM

Elite, where are the spots that will take you out on top this Fall?? (The final countdown is playing in the backround)

#69 ELITE NIGHTLIFE

ELITE NIGHTLIFE

NLSociety Faithful

• Members
  • 7262 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 03:29 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

HERE YOU GO

A MESSAGE TO THE MOLE

#70 beachman

beachman

Been here since the guido days

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12596 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 03:33 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

HERE YOU GO

actually have been to hush it was kinda cool inside-it was opened a few weeks back did they close it and do any modifications to it or is this just the opening for your party?

Mavi should be good I will b checking it out 4 sure

Nah bros. In Walker I trust.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users